Sikkim is one the most beautiful place in North East India. This place can be called as Paradise of North East. Apart from the stunning beauty, one can also experience the bliss of snowfall in sikkim. To make it a wonderful exploration here are few places to visit that must make it to your plan.
1. Tsomgo Lake
Tsomgo lake is popularly known as Changu lake. It is one of the best places top visit in Sikkim, located at an altitude of 12310, 38 km away from the capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok. This lake is India’s one of the highest altitude lake, it is know for its natural beauty. It is among the most popular tourist attraction in Sikkim.
- Alpine forest covering the catchment of the lake.
- The lake has scenic blooms of flower species of rhododendrons (the state tree of Sikkim), primulas, blue and yellow poppies, irises and so forth.
- Joy riding of decorated yaks and mule.
Precaution: Start early to avoid late night travel.
How to reach: Cab operates from Gangtok. It will take 2 hours to reach.
Best time to visit: Sumner, autumn and winter. Jan – March, April – May and Oct -Dec
2. Lachung and Yumthang Valley
Lachung is a small town that shines like a morning star at an elevation of 9,610 ft in North Sikkim. It is located 103 km from the capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok. Yumthang is a beautiful valley covered by snowcapped mountains.
- The colorful rhododendron bloom
- Lachung Gompa where the largest budhist shrine is located.
- Sub zero temperature and 360 degree snowcapped
Precaution : Low oxygen level
How to reach:
By train – nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri, from there taxi operates to Lachung and Yumthang valley. Lachung and Yumthang valley is 113 km and 138 km respectively from New Jalpaiguri.
By Road – Good Road connectivity from nearby states. Bus and taxi service is Aldo available from Gangtok.
By air – Nearest airport to Lachung and Yumthang valley is Bagdogra Airport in Siliguri. This airport is connected to rest of the India by almost all domestic flight.
Best time to visit: March-June is pleasant; and December-January for snowfall
One of the offbeat sikkim tourist place. It is a small village located at a high altitude of 9400 ft and has very empowering history due to its connection with silk route. For those who wish to see snowfall in sikkim, Zuluk is the best place to visit.
- Nag temple
- Sighting of Deer, wild dog, Himalayan bear and red Panda.
- A variety of birds can also be seen such as Blood Pheasant, Himalayan monal, Kalij pheasant, Snow Pheasant.
Precaution: Foggy climate so be prepared for it.
How to reach:
Best time to visit: August – September
4. Gurudongmar Lake
Located on a high altitude of 17,800 ft in a high plateau area of Sikkim is one of the highest lakes in the world, Gurudongmar Lake. this lake remains frozen during the winter season and during summers, the lake water reflects the sky and clouds like a mirror.
- Frozen lake during winter and crystal clear during summer.
- Inhabitant of yaks and blue sheep
Take permit to visit the lake
How to reach:
- 171 km from the nearest railway station at Darjeeling.
- 174 km from Sikkim’s capital, Gangtok, and
- 270 km from the nearest airport of Bagdogra Airport at Siliguri.
Best time to visit: November to June
5. Teesta River
Teesta river is the main river of the state of Sikkim and divides its region from that of the state of West Bengal. Teesta River is stunning to look at when it is frozen in winters. During spring, however, the river is shimmering in the sun rays and displays a perfect habitat for blooming flowers.
- River rafting
- Bird spoting and lush green fauna
River can get a little rough and ice prices can also be found so be careful.
How to reach:
Take a cab from 33 km Darjeeling railway station.
Best time to visit: April, May and November
Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim and has loads of gems in its kitty; you would be awestruck by the never ending walking trails, gorgeous silver-fir trees and most importantly the hospitality by the locals. Make sure it is on your list of places to visit in Sikkim.
Key attraction :
- Paragliding in the valley.
- Jakri and Kyongnosla waterfall. Y’all ride
- Bird eye view from the ropeway
How to reach:
- 148 km from the nearest railway station at New Jalpaiguri
- 124 km from the nearest airport at Bagdogra Airport, Siliguri
Can service operate from Railway station and Airport to Gangtok.
Best time to visit: October to June
7. Green Lake
One of the less explored and unhindered destinations in Sikkim, Green Lake is a visual treat to the eyes. Surrounded by the snow-clad mountains and glaciers, Green Lake is a pristine embodiment of water formed by the melting of glaciers. Starting from Thangu village, the trek to Green lake passes through the magnificent Kanchenjunga National Park and also brings forth the scenery of the confluence of the Zemu Chu and Lachen Chu which are two very significant rivers of the region.
Precaution : If you have medical condition then don’t go for the trek.
How to reach : It is 10 day trek to green lake from Gangtok
Best time to visit : October – December, March – June
Namchi is blessed with fresh air which is fragmented with the aroma of lush flora. The beautiful sight of snowcapped mountains and the woodland mountain valleys adds to the scenery and makes it an important spot amongst the places to visit in South Sikkim.
Key attraction :
- Beautiful tea garden.
- Rock garden
- Namchi Mohotsav in October
How to reach : 77 km from the nearest railway station at New Jalpaiguri. Cab service is available
Best time to visit : March – June, October – November
9. Khangchendzonga National Park
Khangchendzonga National Park is a national park which made its place in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2016. It is also the first Mixed Heritage site of India. The park acquired its name from Mt. Kangchenjunga. Rich in flora and fauna, it is famous with nature lovers. One can spot snow leopards here. This is surely one of the best places to visit in north Sikkim.
Key attraction :
- Rich fauna including red Panda
- Breathtaking trekking
How to reach :
Best time to visit : October – December
10. Rumtek Monastery
Witness some of the exquisite and rare artworks of Buddhist culture at the Rumtek Monastery. It is a treat to sore eyes. Built in the 12th century, the Monastery belongs to the Kagyu sect in Sikkim. In a sad state of affairs, the Rumtek Monastery was left to ruin for some years until 1960 when Gyalwa Karmapa reestablished it. The monastery is a treasure trove of unique hand paintings, murals and sculptures. There are 1001 miniature Gold sculptures which is a sight to behold. Not only amongst the top famous places in Sikkim, the place also holds religious significance and is known for its peaceful ambiance!
Best time to visit : March – May, October – December
- 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim
- NoiseFit Evolve Smartwatch : Specification, Review, Offer
- How much Priyanka Chopra Jonas’s Grammy 2020 outfit cost.
- 10 Best Movies Of Rajkumar Rao
- Digital Marketing : The Need of Every Business and Individual
- Badshah: 6 Unknown Facts of Badshah
- Oppo Reno 4 Pro Sale Starts on August 5
- 1 Month 10 Bollywood Stars We Have Lost
- Sell On Amazon Using Shopify in 2020
- Sonu Sood Came Up With Unique Way To Help The Needy
- Assam CM Thanks Actor Sonu Sood
- Sambit Patra: BJP Spokesperson Hospitalise After Covid 19 Symptoms
- 7 More Tested Covid 19 Positive In Nagaland; Total Raise To 25
- Rapid Raise of Covid 19 Case In North East: Nagaland, Manipur & Tripura Has Also Seen A Raise.
- 6 Celebrities Helping The Needy Amid Lockdown
- Hindustani Bhau comes out in support of CarryMinati, deletes his TikTok account
- Vicky Kaushal: 5 Unknown Facts You Never Heard Off
- Why Youtube Deletes Carryminati Video “Youtube Vs Tiktok”: Most Liked Indian Video
- Who is Carryminati: Why his Youtube vs TikTok video is Trending
- Nagaland Government Reject NCPP Offer
- Game Of Thrones Cast Real Life Partner Will Leave You Heartbroken
- Sonam kapoor Get Troll By Her Husband
- Assam government declared the entire month of May as the period of summer Vacation
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Gives Newly Inaugurated Corona Care Center
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Press Conference On Covid19
- Actress Tamannaah Bhatia Statement On Her Married
- Former Indian Football Captain Extended Support to Sikkim & Nagaland
- Poco X2 is now available in green and orange zone
- Monkey Viral Video May 5th 2020
- How To Download Youtube, Instagram Video without any App
- Nagaland Government Issue New Guidelines On Lockdown
- Highest Funded Startup In India
- 5 Unknown Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- List of Red, Orange & Green Zone
- Irfan Khan Dies at 54: Whole World Mourn His Sudden Demise
- Irfan Khan Has Been Rushed To Hospital Amids Lockdown
- Kanika Kapoor Speaks Up After Recovered From Covid 19
- Wake Up Call To Amazon, Flipkart from Jio and Facebook Deal
- Shah Rukh Khan Reacts To Salman Khan’s Corona Song
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un may be in “Grave Danger”. Know why?
- Raftaar finally speaks on Neha Dhupia troll
- Indian Police using Memes to amid Covid19
- Earn Money Online From Home. Don’t Waste This Quarantine
- Did you know? There are two coronavirus free states in India.
- Stop Believing in Rumours! Get Update Directly From WHO to your Whatsapp
- Most Dangerous Places for Adventure Hunter
- Lockdown 2.0
- What Happen To River Ganga in 21 days of Lockdown?
- Top Blogger in India
- TikTok Suspending this people’s account?
- Salman Khan Distributing Ration To 25,000 Daily Wage Earner
- App where you can stick in this Quarantine To Upgrade Yourself
- Celebrities who’ve Donated to Fight Against COVID-19
- Corona Virus was Planned to Depopulate the World
- Italy overtook China, Now US overtook Italy in Total Coronavirus Case
- Covid19 Dashboard
- Corona Virus case in India now 519, death toll at 9
- First Covid19 Positive Case In NorthEast
- Fresh case in Maharashtra, karnataka; Covid-19 cases jumps to 511
- India extends Lockdown to 548 districts
- Lockdown in Assam from 24th March to 31st March
- Government supplying 2 months ration in advance to every district
- Sonam Kapoor defends Kanika Kapoor, Gets troll badly.
- Total number of positive case rise to 467, 97 in Maharashtra only